Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Taking a minute to give some shine

I'm going to go on the record as having said, "There are some amazing men in the world!" I know this for certain because I'm best friends with a lot of them. They are smart, funny, thoughtful, well mannered, and real MEN. They are absolutely the reason why you will never hear me bash. It just won't happen. Now don't mistake it. If I run up on an "aint shit ass dude", I will, without question place him in his proper category but is every man responsible for him? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Because I make it my business to make this distinction, the universe is often incredibly kind to me and keeps a rotation of good men in my space to receive from them whatever the universe deems fit. Lucky me! As I've aged, I've loved, loss, and learned to appreciate and adhere the example that these men set. At this point, I know what a man looks like and how he moves. Makes you wonder, if you know what right is, why the hell would you ever choose (or in most cases, settle for) wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment