Thursday, June 23, 2011

Inspiration Transcends Language


I went to bed with this song in my head and woke up with it so that means it must be shared! LA VIDA ES UN CARNIVAL ( Life is a Carnival) is one of my favorite Celia Cruz songs (ok so to be honest every song that she has ever made is my FAVORITE but follow me for the point...thanks) for lots of reasons. We will start with the fact that you will find it difficult to not move (unless you are totally rhythm- less in which case I feel sorry for you because you don't know what you're missing). Another reason is because the message is such a pure one. Although it doesn't sound as good in English, (honestly is has the slightest bit of cheesy-ness when translated) the idea that life has the ability to be an amazing experience if you let it, is always good to hear. Its very easy to get caught up in your "RIGHT NOW SITUATION". If you think about it, sitting down and being bleak requires minimal exertion on our part. Getting out of the funk and moving forward to enjoy life, is the hard part. Once you do, you'll realize that there are a million things, small and large, to smile about.

No comments:

Post a Comment