Saturday, June 4, 2011

Crush On You


         So I'm sitting here wondering if you ever get too old for crushes. I mean when you're young its almost adorable to like someone who has absolutely no idea and write your name and their name with hearts and shit, think about what things would be like if you were to actually date, imagine spending long hours talking to them on the phone about nothing, and telling your friends which songs make you think of said person. These are all of  the things that I did with my girlfriends from 6th grade until about junior year of college. As an adult I have to say that I haven't had any real CRUSHES. I see, I like, I boo up. That is it. Sounds super arrogant, especially from a woman, but it true just the same...that is at least until now!
       Where, I'm not rolling around on C's livingroom floor (on the count of we got outta school early and her parents aren't home) going on and on about how HE (whomever he is this week) smells of COOL WATER, POLO SPORT,or NAUTICA cologne (Yes. I am fully aware that I am dating myself), I have been running around telling everyone who will listen, of my crush on the man with 4 first names, who's well read, and smells so good (What can I say, somethings never change). In between my ramblings to which ever poor sucker got caught up in my crazy, I find myself wondering, "Am I too old for crushes?"

No comments:

Post a Comment